British Singer and Songwriter, Adele, is by far one of my favorite singer/songwriters out there. When she released her second album, 21, the world fell in love with her and earned her six Grammy Awards in 2012. WOW ! That matches the record for the most Grammys won by a female artist in one night…on and did I mention she won the Grammy for Album of The Year in 2012 as well. The biggest accomplishment in my opinion is the Diamond Award she received from the RIAA for selling over 10 million albums in under two years…that’s a feat in itself that few have ever achieved in the music industry.
She’s still been winning awards for her accomplishments with 21 , some cases winning the same award two years in a row ! But honestly my favorite accomplishment by her is her becoming a mommy in 2012 to her first son…gotta love the mommies !! 🙂
Now ..on to the food…Adele has said on a number of occasions she loves to bake and cook. She began baking and cooking when she came off tour the first time and was looking to add a feeling of home to her house…so …she started baking and hasn’t looked back since. One of her favorite dishes to bake is Blueberry Crunch Cake..yum !!
When doing my research on the Blueberry Crunch Cake, I noticed a lot of recipes using pineapple juice in the batter. I decided for this recipe I want to keep it simple nothing but fresh blueberries so its not too sweet and you can really enjoy the actual flavor of the blueberries in the cake. It really is a great cake for tea or coffee or even an easy bake for company. Check it out !!
TURNING TABLES BLUEBERRY CRUNCH CAKE
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 pint fresh washed Blueberries
- a pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons Canola Oil
- 1/2 Cup Yellow Cornmeal ( make sure you use yellow its what gives the cake its color)
- 1/4 cup and 2 Tablespoons of Flour
- 1/2 cup buttermilk ( you can use lowfat or fat free it you want to cut back on calories )
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- a pinch of Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons Sugar
- Preheat oven to 425 and spray nonstick cooking spray to 8 inch round baking pan or spring form pan ( I used a spring form pan since the batter is sticky and sugary I thought it would be easier for presentation)
- In mixing bowl, combine cornmeal , flour, 1/4 cup Sugar, baking powder and salt . Mix until blended well.
- Add buttermilk, egg, oil and vanilla to dry mixture and stir until the mixture is combined.
- Pour into baking pan
- Top with blueberries
- Mix cinnamon with remaining sugar and evenly sprinkle on top of the cake.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes until cake is golden.
- Cool for 10 minutes and top with powdered sugar.
- Serve and eat !