NOMADIC STUFFED BELL PEPPERS
– 6 Green Bell Peppers
– 3 cups Short Grain Rice
– Juice of Three Lemons
-1 lb. Ground Turkey, Beef, Chicken , or even Vegan Meatless Crumbles ( I used Ground Turkey )
-2 tablespoons Pomegranate Molasses
– Salt and Pepper to taste
– 1/2 teaspoon Cumin
– 3 tablespoons Tomato Paste
– 2 Cloves of Garlic
– 2 large ripe and peeled Tomatoes , diced ( you can used canned if you like )
– 1/2 cup chopped Mint
– 3/4 cup chopped Parsley
– 2 cups of Water
– 2 to 3 mint leaves
1) Clean and hollow out your Green Peppers. Set aside upside down on a paper towel to drain any access water while you make your stuffing.
2) Mix ground meat, rice, juice of one lemon, pomegranate molasses, salt, pepper, cumin, tomato paste, tomatoes, chopped mint, and parsley in a large mixing bowl. I put gloves on and did this by hand. Mix until all ingredients ( especially the tomato paste) are thoroughly mixed.
3) Stuff your Bell Peppers up until about 1/2 inch from the top to prevent the stuffing from overflowing once the rice fluffs up.
4) In a large pot, place your bell peppers in the pot. Then pour the water, juice of 2 lemons, and mint leaves in the pot. Be sure to pour in the nooks and crannies you find in the pot not directly onto the peppers, try your best to pour around them.
5) Cook for 1 1/2 hours and then remove the pot from heat and allow the peppers to cool for 30 minutes then serve warm.