Author : Tee Mayberry
Khaled Bin Abdul Khaled (better known to you and me as DJ Khaled) is respected by most in the industry as one of the doers and the shakers in the entertainment arena today He is a radio personality for Miami based urban music station WEDR, a DJ for hip-hop clique The Terror Squad, A Birdman Baby because he is signed to “Cash Money” Records and he is also the CEO and Founder of Def. Jam South.
To this date Khaled has released 7 studio albums and has worked with many. DJ Khaled is promoting his latest efforts “Kiss the Ring” which has a lot of club bangers on it such as “Bitches and Bottles” which I could find myself getting my boogie on to at the club. He also included a quite few of collaborations on this record that he spinned records for before either one of them were well known. Over all I think his latest effort is nothing more than a plethora of nice beats accompanied by professional hype men. You most certainly won’t be bringing back any inspiration from this album.
Did you all hear about the stunt Khaled currently played on Nikki Minaj while on live TV? He actually proposed to her. I knew it was a stunt when he asked the host of the show to give him a minute with a silly grin on his face. When he popped the question, looking goofy, “Nikki will you marry me?” I was like “Boom!” is this really happening? Then we found out two weeks later that he did it to boost record sales for their newest collaboration. So how did Nikki feel about the whole deal? Come to find out, she was a part of the whole thing. In her words, “The proposal was just a big joke and I was in on it.” “She said Khaled is crazy like that and nobody would believe he would want to marry me.” Yeah, Nikki that’s what they all say, today sister and brother-tomorrow lovers!
DJ Khaled is cool and all but I feel he tends to lean on dope tracks and hype men to get him through a song. A real artist should be able to bring it raw and bring it on his or her own without a lot of shouting out from peers and overpowering dance beats for a record to be successful. I give Khaled maybe 1 or 2 more projects and for his future he’ll continue Dj’ing and collaborating with other artist. He just doesn’t cut it for me. He never had and he never will. I’d be more excited seeing him sitting on someone’s knee with a string in his back, him being a ventriloquist and the puppet master busting a hot sixteen for him. I do wish him luck with rest of his lack luster career though. If you want to know about Dj Khaled, for any appearances, shows or concerts please rush right over and check out his website @ www.djkhaled-online.com.
Now on to the goodies.
Author : Shap
When it comes to DJ Khaled..I’ll be honest I’m not the biggest fan even though we both share Middle Eastern decent, so I was torn between making a Mongolian dish which Khaled loves all Mongolian food or an ethnic dish representing the Middle East. I finally decided just to represent Halloween ! One of my favorite holidays!
I decided on two dishes..one a Mummy pizza since Khaled does have alot of strong New York ties even though he holds down Miami. And for my second dish I decided to make a Candy Corn Trifle..because frankly I find some of his antics like the Nikki Minaj proposal are just down right trifling..lol…These dishes are tasty and easy to make for this Halloween season..Enjoy ! 🙂
Candy Corn Trifle
– 1/4 cup Candy Corn
– 3/4 cup Vanilla Pudding ( I made the instant kind, but if you have alot of time on your hands feel free to make it from scratch)
– 1/4 teaspoon Orange gel food coloring
– 1 big slice of Pudding Chocolate Cake ( again made this from the box but you can make from scratch if you feel froggy)
– 1 tablespoon Whipped Cream
1) Make your pudding and cake as package directed. Find a good clear glass or bowl to serve your trifle in.
2) Add orange food coloring to your pudding until the desired color is achieved.
3) In your serving cup, layer chocolate cake, top with candy corn, top with pudding and a whipped cream !
4) Garnish with candy corn and eat !
MUMMIFIED MINI PIZZAS
– 3 Whole Wheat English Muffins , Sliced in half
– 8 sliced black olives
– 1 cup your favorite Pizza Sauce
– 1 Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
1) Preheat the oven to 350.
2) On a cookie sheet, spray with non stick cooking spray ( I used the olive oil kind). Place your sliced english muffins on the cookie sheet.
3) Sauce each muffin slice carefully staying about a 1/4 inch from the edge of the muffin. Sprinkle with cheese leaving an opening for the olive eyes. Place your olive eyes on each muffin.
4) Bake for 8 minutes and eat !!