Author : Tee Mayberry
I first fell in love with Jessica when I watched the movie “The Sapphires”. I was like dang, who is that girl. Personally, she just has that IT factor. Australia native, Mauboy was indirectly introduced to the music business when she entered a random contest, performed the song “Girls just wanna have fun” by Cyndi Lauper and ripped it. Though she did awesomely well, she still did not receive the recognition she deserved and still had not been heard by the right person that could change and take her career to the next level. Mauboy did not get her next break until 2006 when she performed on Australia’s Idol. She did not win idol due to some legal issues but she was heard by the right people and ended up signing a major record deal with Sony/BMG in 2007. On this label, she released her first album “The Journey” in which she works with several mainstream artist, making her versatile and marketable to many audiences.
Jessica just dropped a new album Oct/2013 entitled “Beautiful” which is holding steady on the charts. Her single from that album, “Pop a Bottle” just went platinum earlier this month. She has also has made some hot appearances in the U.S this year. She performed at the 65th Emmy Awards Governor’s ball and also has made appearances on the talk show “Ellen” She also appeared in the Australian’s variety show “Footy’s” and performed on Australia’s “The X Factor”. Ellen is really getting the hot artists in for some chit chat this year for some reason. “How you Doin’” Ok, enough of that. She is also finishing up the “NESCAFE” to the end of earth tour. For more information on that tour check out the link listed below.
It appears that Jessica is focusing more on her music career for the time being and not putting the energy into being an actress. Which in my opinion, she’s genetically blessed to do both. Though I say this with honesty and conviction, Jessica just not do it for me as a recording artist. Don’t get me wrong, she can sing but on plastic she sounds a bit sophomoric. In my opinion she doesn’t actually shine until she’s playing a singing part in a movie. I just looked at the way she lit up in the movie “The Sapphires” and then I looked at a video that she shot for her single. It just fell flat to me. Maybe because in the movie there was more raw talent being exposed. Typically when you do a recording, mastering of the voice takes place, effects are added and so forth and so on to make the vocals sound perfect. I do believe she will continue to be successful as an artist and actress because there is an audience out there that supports her in both genres. Just for my sake, I hope she does another musical film. For more Jessica Mauboy tours and appearances please stop by:
“Everything Jessica” http://www.jessicamauboy.com.au/
Now on to the good stuff:
Shap I found out that when she tried out for idol in 2006 Simon told her to lose the gut. She re-vamped her diet and she stated that she like to eat a lot of baked chicken and fish and snack on almonds. She also mentioned that she liked to have a splurge day when she’ll eat what she wants. She said she loves Ferrero Rocher chocolate to satisfy her sweet tooth on her splurge day. You could go either make a healthy meal Chicken or fished battered in some type of almond or a dessert. I wish you could make a huge Ferrero Rocher piece of chocolate candy dedicated to her splurge day.
Author : Shap
I can do better than that Tee !! I can make a Ferrero Rocher cake that is sweetened with Stevia and is flourless ! This cake will appeal to both Jessica’s splurges and healthy side. Its rich, delicious and you get the cake without the high calories. Definitely a great option for healthy baking during the holidays 🙂
INESCAPABLE FERRERO ROCHER CHOCOLATE CAKE
– 1 Cup of Hazelnut Meal
– 1 Tablespoon Unsalted Butter
– 3/4 Cup Dark Chocolate , cut into chunks
– 1 Cup of Truvia ( Stevia Baking Sugar Alternative)
– 4 Eggs, Separated
– 1/4 Teaspoon Sea Salt
– Good Cocoa Powder for dusting the top of the cake
– 8 pieces of Ferrero
1) Preheat oven to 350 F. Butter and line a 8 inch spring form cake pan. Set aside
2) Toast the hazelnut meal in the oven for a few minutes, stir every few seconds. When it is slightly brown, take it out from the oven and set aside
3) Put the butter, chocolate, truvia into a large heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Melt and whisk until the mixture is melted for about 5 minutes. It will not be perfectly smooth due to the stevia in the mixture. Set aside to cool. Leave about a tablespoon of the chocolate mixture in a separate bowl to use to stick the chocolate candy on top of the cake for decoration.
4) In a separate bowl, beat the egg yolks lightly to break them up. Pour into the cooled chocolate mixture and whisk as you go. Stir in the grounded hazelnut.
5) Beat the egg whites and salt until soft peak. Use a spatula or whisk, stir in 1/3 of egg whites into the chocolate mixture to lighten a little. Then fold the rest in. But do not over mix. The mixture does not need to be perfected incorporated and you may even seen some of the egg white still in the mixture. That’s ok.
6) Pour the batter into the cake pan and bake for 35 minutes.
7) Cool the cake on a wire cooling rack for about 40 minutes. Allow it to cool completely. Dust with cocoa. Add a small knob of chocolate mixture to the end of a Ferrero Rocher and sit it on top of the cake. Create whatever pattern you would like and serve 🙂 I also pictured a slice below with powdered sugar to try something different with the white coconut Rocher. 🙂 Yum !