Twisted Tenderness Key Lime Rice Krispies with Homemade Marshmallow Fluff Topping
Ingredients for Key Lime Rice Krispies
– 10 ounces Key Lime flavored Marshmallows
-6 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
-4 tablespoons Butter
1) In a large saucepan, melt the butter on medium high heat and then reduce heat to low and add marshmallows.
2) Simmer the marshmallows on low heat until completed melted and then add rice krispies.
3) With a wooden spoon, fold the rice krispies until well coated with the marshmallow mixture. Spray non-stick spray to a 13 inch pan and add the rice krispies to the pan and press into desired shape.
4) Allow to cool for about 30 minutes while the topping is made.
Ingredients for Homemade Marshmallow
– 1/4 cup water
-1/4 cup light corn syrup
-3/4 cup sugar
-1 tablespoon powdered gelatin
-2 tablespoons cold water
-2 egg whites, room temperature
-1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1)In a saucepan, combine water, corn syrup and sugar and bring to a boil.
2) Sprinkle gelatin over cold water and let dissolve.
3) Remove the syrup from the heat and add the gelatin. Mix
4) Whip the whites until soft peaks form and pour the syrup into the whites.
5) Add the vanilla and continue whipping until stiff.
6) With a 3-inch cookie cutter, shape your rice krispies and then add a dollop of marshmallow fluff on top.
6) Garnish with key lime wedges and serve !