Author : Tee Mayberry
Singer songwriter Miguel born (Born Miguel Jontel Pimentel) spent a handful of years behind the scenes and flirted with the mainstream before he released his first single and became one of the Princes of Pop and R&B. Miguel is considered one of the significant male artist in the Pop and R&B game today!
Did you know that Miguel was offered a position in the 2005 group “Fatty Koo”? You know that R&B group that was pushed down our throats on BET? I’m so glad that he kept it moving and did not accept that deal. Though they did record an album, they were considerably below Miguel’s musical abilities. I feel that it would only would have hampered Miguel from reaching the position that he has made since signing his first record deal with Jive Records. The proof is in the pudding, Fatty Koo Who? Exactly.
Unlike others, Miguel has worked with many underground artist and major label artists including Johnson & Johnson and Asher Roth. He has written Grammy nominated hits for his brethren in the industry like Jaheim and Usher Raymond. I was so surprised of this, he always came across as an artist that would sing about cartwheels, cotton candy and school girl crushes but when I found out he wrote some grown man songs like “Finding my way Back” for R&B singer Jaheim and co-wrote for Usher Raymond, it upped his artist cred for me, showing me he could hang with the hard hitters and write songs full of sustenance.
Since his first Top Ten Release “All I want is You” to “Adorn” from his present release “Kaleidoscope Dream”, Miguel has turned out some descent hits to his fans. Adorn, is one of my favorites, which is a pretty much self-explanatory song in which Miguel sings candidly to his love interest about how he adores her qualities. I feel this is one of his coolest albums to date.
I’m going to ask Miguel to watch it next time he tries to go ROCK AND ROLL during his performances and attempts a stage dive out into the crowd in which he kicks one of his poor female fans in the head. A travesty that happened this May. I thought, Oh, how sad. She was ok though a couple of stiches, just shows how much he appreciates his fans. He’s willing to get up close and personal. No charges were pressed against the singer, the female fan received a couple of stitches to the forehead. Hopefully during future performances he will think twice before doing this infamous stage dive at all! Miguel was also charged with a DUI back in August of this year. What’s up with these celebs and Alcohol? Y’all need to start taking around a thermos full of red Kool-Aid if you can’t hold your booze! I’m just saying. He’s was scheduled to appear in court this month. There has not been anything from him camp stating how things turned out. Wish him the best…”Miguel, don’t drink and drive!
Coming up for Miguel, He’s slated to make appearances with Drizzy “Drake” this October in Minnesota. There are many more appearances slated for Miguel in the near future. For more information on tours, appearances and new releases, visit his page that serves all the latest updates and appearances @ www.officialmiguel.com.
Now on to the yummy stuff! Yes, the food! We have decided to dedicate a Kaleidoscope Cake inspired by Miguel’s new album, “Kaleidoscope Dream”.
– 2 Eggs
– 1 Cup Sugar
– 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
– 1/2 Cup Milk
– 1 3/4 Teaspoons Baking Powder
– 1 1/2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9×9 inch pan.
2) In a medium bowl, cream together the sugar and butter. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder, add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Finally stir in the milk until batter is smooth. Pour or spoon batter into the prepared pan.
3) Bake for 30 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven.
NOW ONTO THE BUTTERCREAM FROSTING
– 6 Food Color Gels of your choice
– 3 Cups Confectioners’ Sugar
– 1 Cup Butter
– 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
– 1 to 2 Tablespoons Whipping Cream
1) Mix together sugar and butter. Mix on low speed until well blended and then increase speed to medium and beat for another 3 minutes.
2) Add vanilla and cream and continue to beat on medium speed for 1 minute more, adding more cream if needed for spreading consistency.
3) Decorate to your liking enjoy !