Author : Shap
Christmas is just not complete without listening to Tracee Perrin’s new single ” Long Distance Christmas”. This single is the perfect addition to my holiday repertoire and should be immediately added to yours as well ! Tracee Perrin’s soulful and warm voice is the perfect compliment to this song about missing a loved one during the holiday season.
Be sure to download it on itunes from the link below :
Tracee Perrin is an Alternative Indie Folk Artist in the style of Shawn Colvin meets Patty Griffin and Brandi Carlile. Having grown up a mixed race child in a German-American family has instilled a strong love of culture, languages and family traditions in Tracee and has nurtured her need to explore the human condition through her music. Most currently you can find Tracee performing in the Los Angeles area. If you haven’t had the chance to check out one of Tracee’s live shows in LA, let me say you’re missing out on one hell of a great live show. Tracee is an amazingly talented songwriter, performer and musician with stellar vocals to compliment. Her first released EP, “Providence” is another must have in your itunes repertoire.
For all things Tracee Perrin be sure to check out her site on the link below :
Now on to the nosh:
When I first heard Tracee Perrin’s single, “Long Distance Christmas” , I decided to make something that would travel well and work well in the “freezes beautifully” section of my fridge. I immediately thought of a good Christmas Bark, but not just any bark as Tracee is an avid health conscious eater. She appreciates a good sweet but tries to make a conscious effort to eat healthy. So why not make a chocolate bark with cherries, apricots and yummy pistachios ? Yesss !! You get a nice alternative to the peppermint, m&m and oreo madness with good fruit and never missing out on the chocolately goodness ! Enjoy 🙂
LONG DISTANCE CHRISTMAS CHOCOLATE BARK WITH FRUIT AND NUTS
-8 oz semi-sweet chocolate , broken in to chunks
-8 oz bittersweet chocolate , broken in to chunks
-6 oz white chocolate, broken in to chunks
-1/2 cup dried cherries
-1/2 cup dried apricots, chopped
-1 cup pistachios, shelled and chopped
1) Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2) Put half of your semi-sweet and bittersweet chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and microwave in 30 second increments adding the remaining chocolate ( except the white chocolate) as you go until melted and smooth. Make sure to stir in between your increments.
3) In another microwave safe bowl do the same process with the white chocolate.
4) Pour the dark chocolate onto the parchment lined baking sheet while the white chocolate in melting in the microwave using a spatula or knife to spread the chocolate to make the bark as thick as you like.
5) Take the melted white chocolate and drizzle it over the dark chocolate in horizontal lines. Then take a knife and create different swirls in the chocolate.
6) Sprinkle the cherries, apricots and pistachios all over the chocolate. Set aside to harden for about one hour. Then break the chocolate up in whatever size pieces you would like. Package and send…or store in your fridge to enjoy for yourselves. 🙂